PhotoFacial, or laser photo rejuvenation, is a state-of-the-art skin treatment that stimulates the production of collagen to improve the effects of sun damage, rosacea, fine lines, large pores and more. A 30-minute treatment that requires little to no recovery time, PhotoFacials are safe and very effective for treating the face, neck and chest areas.
PhotoFacials can help improve:
- Sun damage (sun spots)
- Age and brown spots
- Rosacea and redness
- Dark circles under the eye
- Uneven skin tone
- Broken blood vessels (capillaries)
- Persistent Redness of Flushing
Before Photofacial Treatment
- Avoid use of Accutane for 6-9 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning treatment area including tanning beds, spray tan and the sun for a minimum of six weeks.
- Stop use of exfoliants (including Renova, Glycolic Acid) on treatment area one week before treatment.
- Shave area closely before every treatment.
- Avoid makeup on an area to be treated.
- You may not proceed with this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- Dermal fillers or other injectables should not be done within 2 weeks before treatment.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week prior to treatment. IPL photofacial treatment Seattle.
After Photofacial Treatment
- You may have transient redness, swelling, itching and burning for a few minutes up to 48 hours*. You may apply aloe vera or cold compress.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Do not apply makeup until redness has subsided.
- Avoid hot showers for 24 hours. Use cool water and gentle cleansers for 48 hours.
- Small scabs may develop over areas of pigmentation 24-48 hours following your treatment*. Keep areas well moisturized and allow them to fall off on their own. This is an expected occurrence with IPL.
- Avoid use of exfoliants for one week after your treatment.
- Avoid microdermabrasion and acid peels one week after your treatment.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week after treatment. IPL photofacial treatment Seattle.