Sculptra is a great option for those who desire a fuller and shapelier buttocks but have been unable to achieve it naturally, and do not wish to proceed with surgery.
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra, or poly-l-lactic acid (PLLA), is a volume-enhancing injectable used for skin and soft tissue augmentation. PLLA stimulates the body’s own collagen production and can be used for volume restoration and skin rejuvenation. Most studies thus far have focused on its use for fat loss in the face (currently the only FDA-approved indication for Sculptra Aesthetic is in the face). In recent years, an off-label application for use in the buttocks has been explored with good results.
What is a Sculptra Butt Lift?
The Sculptra Butt Lift is a unique utilization of Sculptra that is used to stimulate collagen-growth and thicken the skin using micro-invasive injections just below the skin. For our Philadelphia patients with little fat, the Sculptra Butt Lift procedure is a welcome, convenient, and effective option for enhancing the shape of the buttocks.
It can be difficult to manipulate the size and shape of your buttocks using only diet or exercise, you are limited by genetics with the results you’ll be able to achieve. In additionl, dieting cannot “target” specific areas of the body. Although exercise is wonderful for maintaining health, increasing the muscle mass of the rear-end with squats or lunges can be time consuming and frustrating. This is why so many people choose to bring proportion, shape, and enhancement to their body through the use of butt lift procedures. A butt lift can make your buttocks fuller and rounder, helping you feel more confident and sexy.
What are the benefits of a Sculptra Butt Lift?
- No anesthetic injections are necessary
- Wonderful for lean patients desiring a fuller, shapelier behind
- Short recovery time
- Subtle, natural looking results
- Limited interruption to your daily life
- Procedure can be accomplished in as little as 60-minutes
- Provides lift and volume to the buttocks area
Who is a good candidate for the Sculptra Butt Lift?
If you desire a larger rear-end but you don’t have enough fat (or do not want to undergo a surgical procedure), then you are likely a good candidate for a Sculptra Butt Lift. In general, candidates that will benefit from the procedure are not predisposed to any adverse complications. Because Sculptra is a widely used dermal collagen stimulator, many candidates will be a good fit for the Sculptra Butt Lift. In general, the following qualities make the best Sculptra Butt Lift candidates:
- A desire to increase the volume, size or roundness of the buttocks without undergoing surgery
- A desire to increase the volume, size and shape of the buttocks, but do not have enough fat to undergo a surgical Fat Transfer (standard Brazilian Butt lift)
- A desire for long term but not permanent results (the results will last up to two years)
- A desire to bring proportion and contouring to the buttocks area
- A desire to bring a subtle lift to the buttocks area
- A desire to improve the texture of the buttocks (A Sculptra Butt Lift can help reduce the appearance of stretch-marks and cellulite.)
- Realistic expectations about what this procedure can accomplish
- Near your ideal body weight
- Between the ages of 25-45 years of age
- Patience! Sculptra is progressive and results build / improve over time.
What happens during a Sculptra Butt Lift consultation?
During your consultation, you will discuss your goals and desired final results, as well as the optimal way to achieve those results. Your treatment provider will examine your body-shape and review your expectations, from there your provider will be able to make her best recommendations for the appropriate amount of Sculptra needed (and the number of treatments) to achieve the best results.
On average a minimum of 2x to 3x sessions is recommended, although it is possible this number may vary. Because of everyone’s unique response to treatment, it is not possible to guarantee the outcome / time it will take to get your desired result.
During your consultation, please be prepared to discuss your medical history, including any medications you are currently taking as well as recent tobacco use. All of our consultations are completely confidential.
What is a Sculptra Butt Lift treatment like?
During a Sculptra Butt Lift procedure, your provider will mark your body while you’re either standing or lying down. You will then usually lie flat on your stomach and your provider may apply a topical anesthetic or numbing agent to help minimize any discomfort. Once the anesthetic takes effect, your provider will begin using the Sculptra to treat the identified, targeted areas. It takes multiple injections to get the Sculptra stimulator adequately distributed into the buttocks treatment area(s), and your appointment will usually take about 60-minutes.
Your treatments should be spaced about three to twelve weeks apart, depending on your schedule and preferences. Depending on the desired level of augmentation, most patients require about two to three treatments, six weeks apart.
Although results can be noticed as early as six weeks after the treatments, the optimal outcome is not noticed until about six months after the procedure.
Pictures will be taken throughout the process to track and record results. These are for your records only, unless otherwise discussed.